Sierra Nevada Conservancy Funding Opportunities Newsletter – Oct/Nov 2015
This month’s research memo: A new research memo covers funding for CEQA and NEPA costs associated with restoration projects. In addition, four of the grant research memos on the funding opportunities website have been updated:
- Riparian and wetland restoration
- Recreation and tourism development
- Habitat preservation and restoration funding
- Parks and trails funding
There are several new grant programs in these memos, including Proposition 1 funding for streamflow enhancement and environmental restoration. Also keep an eye out for an upcoming research memo on funding for fuel reduction on public and private property.
Want to know what grants are coming up? The Funding Webpage has an updated calendar of funding opportunities expected over the several months.
Upcoming grants that might be of interest:
- The Museums for America program provides up to $150,000 in funding for educational programs, collections, and community programs. Requests under $25,000 do not require a match. The deadline is December 1.
- The National Forest Foundation’s Community Capacity and Land Stewardship program provides $24,000 grants to help collaboratives and community-based organizations address capacity building needs that will further their on-the-ground watershed restoration projects. The deadline is December 16.
- The Max and Victoria Dreyfus Foundation provides small grants to support projects or general operating costs to community-based organizations throughout the United States for which a small amount of funding would make a big difference. Target areas include museums, cultural programs, environmental and wildlife protection activities. The deadline for applications is November 10.