Sierra Nevada Conservancy Funding Opportunities Newsletter
Sierra Nevada Conservancy
FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES NEWSLETTER
April – May 2017
Recently Updated: The Riparian and Wetland Grant Research memo was recently updated. It provides funding sources for stream, wetland, and meadow restoration projects. Grant research memos are available on the Sierra Nevada Conservancy (SNC) Other Funding Opportunities web page.
Upcoming Grants that Might be of Interest:
• The North Face Explore Fund (due April 5) makes grants to nonprofit organizations that provide their participants with meaningful outdoor experiences, specifically those which instill an enduring appreciation of the outdoors, promote positive personal or societal change, or demonstrate environmental stewardship principles and practices.
• The Walmart/National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Acres for America program (pre-proposals due April 13) conserves important large-scale habitats for fish, wildlife, and plants through land acquisitions and perpetual conservation easements.
• Patagonia Foundation Environmental Grants (due April 30) support small, grassroots, activist organizations with provocative direct-action agendas, working on multi-pronged campaigns to preserve and protect the environment.
• Every Day Capacity Building Grants (due May 2) are exclusively for ‘Friends of…’ groups to help build their organizational capacity to serve public lands.
• National Endowment for the Arts Art Works Creativity Connects Grants (due May 4) support collaborative, mutually beneficial partnerships between the arts and non-arts sectors, including agriculture, community development, and the environment.
• California Fire Safe Council Wildfire Prevention Grants (due May 12) provide funding for hazardous fuel reduction and maintenance projects on non-federal lands, Community Wildfire Protection Plans, and education and outreach activities.
• The Federal Lands Access Program (due May 12) develops transportation and infrastructure projects (roads, parking, bike trails, etc.) that provide access to federal public lands, particularly those with high recreation use. Note change in due date.
• The Pacific Gas and Electric Company Resilient Communities Grant Program (due May 12) supports local climate resilience initiatives that will build healthy and resilient forests and watersheds to help communities prevent and prepare for increasing wildfire risk.
• The Native American Language Preservation and Maintenance-Esther Martinez Immersion Grant (due May 22) funds community-based projects for Native American language preservation and maintenance. It is open to both federally-recognized and non-federally recognized tribes.
• The National Park Service Rivers and Trails Conservation Grant (June 30) provides facilitation and planning assistance for parks, trails, and outdoor recreation projects.
• The Outdoor Environmental Education Facilities Grant Program (due September 1) supports the development of outdoor environmental education facilities, such as public outdoor structures and exhibits.
Your SNC Area Representative can help you set up an individual consultation with the SNC Funding Team to get advice about specific funding opportunities or general fund development strategies. To take advantage of this resource, contact your Area Representative.