This week’s Water Plan eNews includes:
- California headwaters to be included in federal drought relief effort
- Webinar will provide details on turf replacement initiative for California
- Information for water managers to be offered at water restrictions webinar
- Conservation information available to landowners on new NRCS Web site
- Advisory committee will discuss public benefits of water storage projects
- Legislature receives safe drinking water plan from water resources board
SACRAMENTO — With drought conditions continuing into the summer months, the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) announced today that there is insufficient water available for senior water right holders with a priority date of 1903 or later in the San Joaquin and Sacramento watersheds and the Delta. The need for further curtailment of more senior rights and curtailments in other watersheds is being assessed weekly. Click here for news release.
EPA and Corps release summary of new definitions and regulations for “Waters of the United States” under the Clean Water Act. Click here for summary.