This week’s California Water Plan eNews includes:
- Looking at water system consolidation to improve the quality of drinking water
- Seminar will explore the benefits of using floating islands to treat stormwater
- Climate change and flood risks in the Central Valley to be discussed during webinar
- DWR posts last month’s webinar, slides on hydrologic warning systems
- Water-budget framework plans to be discussed at webinar later this month
- Traditional ecological knowledge to be shared during environmental roundtable
- New video explains the balancing act required to meet ecological needs of the Delta
US EPA Water Finance Clearinghouse!
Last week, we launched the Water Finance Clearinghouse! We had an overwhelming response; some of our mailing list recipients reported they couldn’t access the site. We resolved the issue and it is live now.
The Clearinghouse allows you to search a database with more than $10 billion in water funding sources and over 600 resources to support local water infrastructure projects.
Communities across the nation have aging or inadequate water infrastructure. We found that over $600 billion is needed for water infrastructure improvements over the next 20 years. The Clearinghouse helps financing get where it’s needed most by offering up-to-date finance information with the click of a button.
To learn more about the Clearinghouse, you can register for a webinar on how to use the Clearinghouse:
· August 3
· August 14
· August 18
· August 24
· August 31
All webinars will be held 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Eastern. You can register for a webinar at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/4533646364837520386
More information on the Clearinghouse, visit: https://www.epa.gov/waterfinancecenter/water-finance-clearinghouse
EPA’s Water Infrastructure and Resiliency Finance Center is an information and assistance center identifying water infrastructure financing approaches that help communities reach their public health and environmental goals.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency | Office of Water
Office of Wastewater Management | Email | Website