The past year was a difficult one for California and the Sierra Nevada. A pandemic ended—and upended—lives across the globe and while many in California were still struggling to adapt to this new abnormal, the state endured a record-shattering wildfire season.
The Immediate Action Wildfire and Forest Resilience Directed Grant Program funds the implementation of forest health projects that address wildfire recovery and resilience and support the goals of California’s Wildfire and Forest Resilience Action Plan and SNC’s Watershed Improvement Program.
SNC anticipates up to $20 million available for awards. All projects must have environmental compliance complete and be ready to proceed upon award. Projects must be complete by January 1, 2025.
Projects must be developed in collaboration with SNC. Read the 2021 Immediate Action Wildfire and Forest Resilience Directed Grant Program Guidelines and contact your SNC Area Representative to discuss your project. Proposal materials are available through SNC Area Representatives.
Eligible applicants are:
- public agencies, including federal agencies
- qualifying 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- tribal entities recognized on the current United States Federal Register or the Native American Heritage Commission as a California Native American tribe
To be eligible, projects must meet all of the following criteria:
- Completed environmental compliance.
- Be located within the Sierra Nevada Region as defined by current SNC governing legislation.
- Be consistent with the SNC mission and program areas as defined in the SNC Strategic Plan.
- Be consistent with the requirements of the funding source and budget provisions.
- Be complete by January 1, 2025.
- Request no less than $200,000.
- Result in a clear, demonstrable, and enduring public benefit.
Proposals will be accepted and reviewed on a continuous basis as funding is available. Recommendations will be made to the SNC Governing Board no less than quarterly.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES NEWSLETTER April and May 2021
View this Newsletter on our website for Upcoming Grants