Upper Feather River
Small Community Water/Wastewater Workshop
March 30, 2018; 1:00-4:00 PM
Plumas County Fairgrounds, Mineral Building: 204 Fairground Rd, Quincy, CA 95971
In 2017, the Sierra Institute for Community and Environment was selected by representatives from each Integrated Regional Water Management (IRWM) regions in the Mountain Counties Funding Area (MCFA) to be the applicant for the Proposition 1 Disadvantaged Community (DAC) Involvement Program.
For more Information please see:
The MCFA Disadvantaged Communities and Tribal Involvement Program includes the following objectives:
- Work collaboratively to involve DACs, community-based organizations, tribes and stakeholders in IRWM planning efforts to ensure balanced access and opportunity for participation in the IRWM planning process.
- Increase the understanding, and where necessary, identify the water management needs of DACs and tribes on a Funding Area basis.
- Develop strategies and long-term solutions that appropriately address the identified DAC and tribal water management needs to the grantee.
The Sierra Water Workgroup (SWWG) is working with the Sierra Institute to fulfill Objective 2: Identify the water management needs of DACs in each IRWM in the Funding Area. All water managers in the region are encouraged to participate; however, a parallel effort is also being conducted with tribes in the MCFA. In order to accomplish this task, SWWG is taking the following steps:
- Conduct preliminary water and wastewater needs assessment (please see attachment)
- Conduct a Water/Wastewater Workshop (see attached agenda)
- Follow-up with water purveyors and other stakeholders on critical needs
- Finalize report for IRWM region
We would appreciate your completing the survey not later than March 19th. If you are unable to attend the workshop in person, please complete the survey and let us know if you would like to schedule a meeting via conference call.
The finalized water and wastewater needs report will be distributed to all participants. This report will support IRWM planning efforts and future funding opportunities through the IRWM Grant Program or other financial assistance programs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email:
Liz Mansfield, Executive Director for SWWG
Cell (916) 273-0488; email@example.com
Uma Hinman, Hinman & Associates Consulting, Inc.
Cell (916) 813-818; firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time to complete the survey. We look forward to understanding your water and wastewater needs!